Temperatura fermentacji.

Awatar użytkownika
Emiel Regis
90%
90%

Post autor: Emiel Regis » 2013-02-22, 22:48

U mnie najniższa we wspomnianej zbożówce to było zdaje się 15*C (lato, piwnica)
Teraz, od grudnia pracuje nastaw na bayanusach- restartowany cydr z dodatkiem nastawu gruszkowego i glukozy, blg początkowe 8, w tej chwili -1, zaw. pocz. alk ok 5%.
Temp się waha w granicach 13-17*C w zal. od czynników zewnętrznych (garaż)

Awatar użytkownika
lesgo58
100%
100%

Post autor: lesgo58 » 2013-02-23, 17:06

Zaciekawił mnie temat tego wątku. Śledziłem wątek - jednocześnie poszperałem w swoich zbiorach i znalazłem taki oto cytat, który może być odpowiedzią na pytanie postawione w pierwszym poście.

Pochodzi z publikacji - "MAKING PURE CORN WHISKEY"-A Professional Guide for
Amateur- and Micro-Distillers- by Ian Smiley BSc

CYTAT:
Fermentation Times
In the fermentation of wine and beer, the ferment undergoes primary and secondary
fermentations. The primary fermentation is the vigorous fermentation that takes place over
the first few days after the yeast is added. The secondary fermentation is the long slow
fermentation that follows the primary fermentation. The primary fermentation only lasts a
few days, but the secondary fermentation will slowly tick over for weeks, months in the case
of wine fermentation.
A mash intended for distillation only undergoes a primary fermentation. Grain mash
fermentations are typically 72-80 hours long, and then they are distilled. In fact, a secondary
fermentation would be very deleterious to the ester profile of the mash and would ruin the
finished whiskey.
During the primary fermentation the yeast is consuming readily available fermentable sugars.
When the fermentable sugars have been exhausted, the yeast metabolism changes and begins
breaking down unfermentable sugars and other organic compounds and consumes them.
This involves the secretion of very different enzymes such as permease that enable the
consumption of unfermentable sugars (dextrins and polysaccharides). This altered chemistry
results in the formation of a family of esters, which have come to be called the “dreaded
esters” by the author. The dreaded esters have very nearly the same boiling point as the
alcohol/water azeotrope (i.e. 78.15oC (172.67oF)), and are almost impossible to separate out
by distillation. Therefore, they pervade into the finished whiskey and ruin its flavour.
The only use for whiskey laced with the dreaded esters, is to rectify it to 95% alcohol by
redistillation in a high-separation still, and treat it with activated carbon to render pure
alcohol to be used for making vodka, gin, or liqueurs.
In order to be sure to avoid the dreaded esters, a mash fermentation should be distilled as
soon as the vigorous primary fermentation slows down to a slow spurious bubbling,
regardless of how complete the fermentation was, generally no more than 96 hours after
adding the yeast.
Jak zauważyłem w fermentacji zbożówek zalecana jest tylko fermentacja główna (72-80 godz.) i zaraz po niej destylacja - zupełnie inaczej niż to jest w fermentacji owocówek.
Ponieważ drożdże po przefermentowaniu cukrów zaczynają wytwarzać estry, które są niezbyt korzystne dla jakości póżniejszego destylatu i są bardzo trudne do oddzielenia w trakcie destylacji prostej.
Poprawcie mnie jeśli żle zrozumiałem cytat. Angielski nie jest moją mocną stroną.

ODPOWIEDZ